EDUCATION AND RESOURCES
OUR NAME SAYS IT ALL! At Silver Care, we CARE deeply about making sure that the transition to Assisted Living is smooth and worry-free for not only our residents but also their loved ones!
Choosing the perfect assisted living facility is a complex decision. We’ve prepared and provided the following resources so that the seniors as well as their loved ones and caregivers are as informed as possible.
After you’ve reviewed these materials, we hope that you’ll reach out to one of our communities to:
- get more information and ask questions
- schedule a private guided tour
- schedule a new residents assessment
IS ASSISTED LIVING RIGHT FOR YOU?
Deciding whether or not to seek a new living environment isn's simple, and it can sometimes be difficult to determine if the timing is right.
Here are some signs that you or loved one may benefit from moving to one of our assisted living communities:
- Mobility issues – difficulty with daily activities or frequent falls and other safety concerns
- Memory loss – misplacing items or wandering away from home
- Medication concerns – forgetting to take medications as prescribed
- Lack of socialization – not interacting as usual; untidy surroundings and poor personal hygiene
- Fear and depression – unwilling to seek medical help or assistance; withdrawal from others
- Lack of appetite – not receiving proper nutrition throughout the day.
If any of these signs are being experienced, the move to an assisted living community may be a very good option, as life for seniors often improve through socialization, regular diet and medication management.
HOW DOES THE COST OF SILVER CARE COMPARE?
While cost not be the single most important factor when making your decision, most people are surprised at just how affordable living at Silver Care community can be!
Our all-inclusive monthly rate includes:
- resident room and board
- electricity, water, sewer and gas
- trash collection
- property insurance
- real estate taxes
- exterior maintenance (lawn care, painting, etc.)
- interior maintenance (appliance, carpet cleaning, pest control, etc.)
- housekeeping service
- laundry service
- food cost
- companion/caregiver (bathing, dressing, meal prep, medication management, etc.)
- community activities and entertainment
Some of our communities also accept third party benefits such as
- Long-Term Care insurance