THE SILVER CREEK LAMPASAS: FAQ
We hope to answer your questions in person during a private tour, but here’s a preview of our most frequently-asked questions and their answers!
Is housekeeping assistance provided?
Our Resident Aides ensure that each resident’s room is clean and inviting every day! The housekeeping service included in our base rate provides:
- daily room-tidy service (trash removal, making the bed, etc.)
- weekly housekeeping service (vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of bathroom, etc.)
Who will do the laundry?
Our staff provides a full laundry service to each resident. We will wash, dry, and fold all clothing, linens, and sheets. We do not offer any dry cleaning or hand washing.
How can I be sure that nutritional needs are being met?
At Silver Creek Lampasas, we pride ourselves in providing 3 daily fresh and delicious home-cooked meals prepared on site and designed by our chef for optimum nutrition.
Residents are also welcome to visit our coffee and snack bar available all day.
Because the safety of our residents is our number one priority, each Resident Aide at Silver Creek Lampasas is trained in Safe Food Handling and meal preparation for the elderly.
What kinds of activities are offered at Silver Creek Lampasas?
Our Director coordinates a robust schedule of engaging activities and events tailored to meet residents’ interests and preferences.
The activities are designed to keep residents as active as possible- both physically and cognitively and include:
- scheduled group outings
- cognitive social exercises including brain aerobics, board games, trivia, and bingo
- fitness and wellness activities including our Walking Club and Sit & Fit chair exercises
- weekly worship and spiritual services
- movies and music
- family-incorporated activities such as cookouts, birthday/holiday celebrations, and more!
The choice is an important part of the Silver Creek Lampasas lifestyle, and our programs are designed to offer residents a variety of options, allowing them to stay empowered and live independently.
What is included in the monthly rate?
Silver Creek Lampasas is an “all-inclusive” community. Our monthly base rate includes lodging, 24/7 care, meals, housekeeping, laundry, activities, and all utilities, including:
- cable TV in our media room (in-room cable is available for an additional fee)
During your Resident Assessment, our Director will work with you to create a personalized Care Plan tailored to meet your individual needs, of which some aspects could require special assistance at an additional cost.
We also offer ACH auto-draft payments to simplify the payment process for our residents and their loved ones!
Are scooters permitted?
Scooters are permitted at Silver Creek Lampasas on a case-by-case basis determined during the Resident Assessment.
Is Silver Creek Lampasas pet-friendly?
Silver Creek Lampasas is a pet-friendly community!*Breed and size restrictions apply. Contact us for details!
Do you offer respite or temporary care?
We’d love to provide you or your loved one with temporary care!
For more information about respite or temporary care, please call us at 512.556.8994 or send us an email using the button below.
What can you tell me about the layout of your community?
Each building at Silver Creek was built to mimic a home environment and provide safe living spaces for seniors and individuals needing assistance with activities of daily living.
Our private and shared floor plans were designed for safety while providing a cozy space with all of the comforts of home.
- We provide activity areas and rooms for TV viewing, arts & crafts, and reading as well as areas for visiting and private dining with the family.
- Our designs minimize confusion, encourage social interaction, enhance visual stimulation, and provide a home-like atmosphere
- Appropriately-placed handrails, security, and monitoring systems are in place throughout the property to ensure resident safety.
By designing our community to be more intimate, we’re better able to tailor our daily care to accommodate our residents’ individual needs, from activities to assistance and meals.
Our smaller size allows us to maximize each day to keep our residents comfortable, secure, and above all – happy!
Silver Creek Lampasas has a broad spectrum of safety measures in place, and our compassionate, fully-trained team members are on site 24/7 to provide personal care and support services at any time of day or night. Our health and safety measures include:
- compassionate, fully-trained caregivers on site 24/7
- secure gated community and building entry
- emergency call system
- resident aid paging system
- safety rails and handicap-accessibility throughout
- ambulation assistance
- medication management and assistance
- personal care assistance: bathing, dressing, grooming and hygiene
- escorts to and from activities and meals
- wellness checks each month
- incontinence care
- respite care