THE WINDCHIME AT THE VILLAGE: FAQ
We hope to answer your questions in person during a private tour, but here’s a preview of our most frequently-asked questions and their answers!
Is housekeeping assistance provided?
Our Resident Aides ensure that each resident’s room is clean and inviting every day! The housekeeping service included in our base rate provides the following services at least once per week:
- cleaning of restroom
- bed making
Who will do laundry?
Our staff provides a full laundry service to each resident. We will wash, dry and fold all clothing, linens and sheets. We do not offer any dry cleaning or hand washing.
How can I be sure that nutritional needs are being met?
At Windchime at the Village, we pride ourselves in providing 3 daily fresh and delicious home-cooked meals prepared on site and designed by our chef for optimum nutrition. Residents are also welcome to visit our coffee and snack bar available all day. Because the safety of our residents is our number one priority, each Resident Aide at Windchime at the Village is trained in Safe Food Handling and meal preparation for the elderly.
Do you offer transportation service?
Windchime at the Village does offer a scheduled local transportation service for shopping, medical appointments, etc.
What kinds of activities are offered at Windchime at the Village?
- Our Director coordinates a robust schedule of engaging activities and events tailored to meet resident interests and preferences. The activities are designed to keep residents as active as possible- both physically and cognitively and include:
- cognitive social exercises including board games, trivia and bingo
- social activities and parties including Friday Happy Hour, live horse races and regulation-size Shuffleboard
- fitness and wellness activities including Sit & Be Fit chair exercises, and bean bag baseball
- worship and spiritual services: Bible Study on Wednesday and Church service on Sunday
- creative and stimulating activities such as arts & crafts, movies and music
- holiday and seasonal activities
- family-incorporated activities such as cookouts, birthday celebrations and more!
Choice is an important part of the Windchime at the Village Assisted Living lifestyle, and our programs are designed to offer residents a variety of options, allowing them to stay empowered and live independently.
What is included in the monthly rate?
Windchime at the Village is an “all-inclusive” community. Our monthly base rate includes lodging, 24/7 care, meals, housekeeping, laundry, activities and all utilities, including:
- Cable TV: in common areas AND in each resident’s roomWifi
- Interior Maintenance
- Exterior Maintenance
During your Resident Assessment, our Director will work with you to create a personalized Care Plan tailored to meet your individual needs, of which some aspects could require special assistance at an additional cost.
We also offer ACH auto-draft payments to simplify the payment process for our residents and their loved ones!
Are scooters permitted?
Scooters are permitted at Windchime at the Village on a case-by-case basis determined during the Resident Assessment.
Is Windchime at the Village pet-friendly?
Windchime at the Village is a pet-friendly community!*Breed and size restrictions apply. Contact us for details.
Do you offer respite or temporary care?
Because the responsibility of providing assistance to an elderly or disabled loved one who lives at home can be stressful and time-consuming, we are proud to offer day care and temporary respite care to provide short-term relief for caregivers who may not be able to find the time to look after their own needs.Our day care and respite care provides short-term relief for caregivers who may need a temporary break for any number of reasons, including:
- If the caregiver or another family member falls ill
- If there is a change in the caregiver’s work schedule where care is needed during the day
- If a caregiver is going on vacation
- To provide time for the caregiver to shop, relax, go to appointments, exercise, etc.
For more information about respite or temporary care, please call us at 325.388.3502 or send us an email using the button below! *Contingent upon Assessment and availability.
What can you tell me about the layout of your community?
Windchime at the Village was built to mimic a home environment and provide safe living spaces for seniors and individuals needing assistance with activities of daily living. Our private and shared floor plans were designed for safety while providing a cozy space with all of the comforts of home.
- We provide activity areas and rooms for TV viewing, arts & crafts and reading as well as areas for visiting and private dining with the family.
- Our designs minimize confusion, encourage social interaction, enhance visual stimulation, and provide a home-like atmosphere
- Appropriately-placed handrails, security and monitoring systems are in place throughout the property to ensure resident safety.
By designing our community to be more intimate, we’re better able to tailor our daily care to accommodate our residents’ individual needs, from activities to assistance and meals. Our smaller size allows us maximize each day to keep our residents comfortable, secure, and above all – happy!